Rustic luxury eco-lodge meets high-end indulgence
An exclusive, intimate retreat with eco credentials to boot, this sustainably powered, secluded homestead is the ultimate in eco indulgence. Set to a backdrop that spans over 55,000 hectares of majestic natural beauty — towering mountains, lush green valleys, native bush, forests and meandering rivers — Mahu Whenua promises a truly spectacular experience that will leave you teetering ever-so-slightly on the edge of euphoria.
Featuring five luxurious suites, each set to a soundtrack of romance, you’ll be whisked away into a world of natural beauty, with nothing but the sound of the wind and rummaging of native wildlife to lull you into a state of pure serenity.
The lodge itself is very rustic-chic, with exposed timber beams and stone walls, snuggly sheepskin rugs, decorative chandeliers and modern floor-to-ceiling windows with uninterrupted views of the dramatic outdoor landscapes — the bathtub view is by far the best.
Feast on the freshest of local produce — all meals are included — and for relaxing head out to the terrace to soak up the scenery, take a dip in the outdoor heated pool or curl up indoors on the comfy sofas next to the roaring fire. Here you can relax with a delicious New Zealand drop and plan your itinerary, from horse riding and heli-skiing to local wine tours and photography workshops, Mahu Whenua literally has everything covered.
Just a short 20-minute drive from the quaint town of Wanaka, and around 90 minutes from Queenstown Airport, Mahu Whenua — meaning ‘healing the land’ in Maori — promises pure privacy and isolation, set to a backdrop of native wildlife and beautiful natural landscapes.
- There are 5 individual one-bedroom suites to choose from, or the lodge is also available on an exclusive-use basis for up to 12 guests (there is also one family suite offering an adjoining bunk room to accommodate an extra 2 children if needed)
- A delicious menu of fresh, local produce lovingly prepared by Mahu Whenua’s talented chefs
- An outdoor heated swimming pool and spa pool
- On-site hiking and e-bikes
- A curated selection of indoor and outdoor activities including heli-skiing and hiking, rock climbing, local wine tours, horse riding, helicopter tours, Fiordland and national park tours, alfresco picnics and art and photography classes, to name a few